Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cinderella in Calgary

So there I was walking along in the mall, minding my own business, lost in miserable thoughts, on my way to buy a new purse to match my new wallet (because these sorts of purchases solve all problems...albeit temporarily), when Bang! Ow! Slap! The skinny heel of my shoe had gotten stuck in some invisible trap in the floor and my foot was yanked out of it and hit the mall floor. I was stunned and slightly embarrassed. I swear men make shoes for women that make us unable to even walk normally so that we will seem inferior. Of course this immediately brings to a halt my negative thinking only to be followed by some awesome sourness at stupid, nice looking women's shoes.

So after I bought my new best friend (aka my new espe.ca purse) and felt a little bit more satisfactory, I had a small but constrained chuckle at how Cinderellaish the even was. Although I can't quite figure out if it was a sign that I should stop being so negative (like someone I'm related to) or that I'm really not going to get the new job I applied for this afternoon.

Cross your fingers it was the former.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home