Sunny Victoria
So, I made it to sunny victoria and unfortunately we're leaving days earlier than planned but I have still had a great couple days here.
My dad and I took our time driving from Calgary to Hope BC Saturday and then arrived in Victoria by noon on Sunday.
Sunday evening I got together with my friend Barry, his wife Denise and his twin girls, Lauren and Mackenzie who are the sweetest little things. We had a great time around town jumping on sidewalk cracks and eating ice cream before dinner. Then, in order for all of us to get to dinner at Barb's (on the wharf) I had my first motorcycle ride! Apparently you are not allowed to do the "no hands" trick ("no, no hands" Barry said). He also said no screaming but I may have slightly broken that rule... Anyways, it was great fun, kinda like a Stampede ride except you're not buckled in to anything. I believe that Barry was very relieved to get to Barbs and be able to breathe again after I squeezed him so hard the whole way. But you know, I can't believe that I'm this old (and no, I'm not telling you exactly how old) and this is the first time I've been on a motorcycle. Apparently I need to set a new standard for new boyfriends.
So we're off to Nanaimo tomorrow afternoon and then onto Campbell River to see my mom for a day or two. After that we'll head to Whistler and then down to lower BC for a brief winery tour. Then I guess we'll head home and 2005 will be the first year I've spent vacation time at home. Should be interesting I guess.
So it's Barry's birthday on Friday and today I decided to make him a T-shirt. Here's the picture that is on it.

Well I guess that's it for now. It's just me, my grandma and grandpa sitting quietly in "pub corner" right now. They're doing their daily crossword puzzles and I'm here typing away. It's been a great trip so far. Grandparents are so much fun I think. Well mine are anyways.
My dad and I took our time driving from Calgary to Hope BC Saturday and then arrived in Victoria by noon on Sunday.
Sunday evening I got together with my friend Barry, his wife Denise and his twin girls, Lauren and Mackenzie who are the sweetest little things. We had a great time around town jumping on sidewalk cracks and eating ice cream before dinner. Then, in order for all of us to get to dinner at Barb's (on the wharf) I had my first motorcycle ride! Apparently you are not allowed to do the "no hands" trick ("no, no hands" Barry said). He also said no screaming but I may have slightly broken that rule... Anyways, it was great fun, kinda like a Stampede ride except you're not buckled in to anything. I believe that Barry was very relieved to get to Barbs and be able to breathe again after I squeezed him so hard the whole way. But you know, I can't believe that I'm this old (and no, I'm not telling you exactly how old) and this is the first time I've been on a motorcycle. Apparently I need to set a new standard for new boyfriends.
So we're off to Nanaimo tomorrow afternoon and then onto Campbell River to see my mom for a day or two. After that we'll head to Whistler and then down to lower BC for a brief winery tour. Then I guess we'll head home and 2005 will be the first year I've spent vacation time at home. Should be interesting I guess.
So it's Barry's birthday on Friday and today I decided to make him a T-shirt. Here's the picture that is on it.

Well I guess that's it for now. It's just me, my grandma and grandpa sitting quietly in "pub corner" right now. They're doing their daily crossword puzzles and I'm here typing away. It's been a great trip so far. Grandparents are so much fun I think. Well mine are anyways.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home