cameleon
Apparently I am of the cameleon species. There is this lady at work who each time I see her she exclaims, "Dawne! You are such a cameleon! Every time I see you, you look so different". Now, I see this lady often enough to think she's crazy but that's besides the point.However, yesterday in the work washroom a different lady that works on my floor was chatting with me and then asked how long I had worked on the floor. I think I gave her my infamous, "you're on glue, right?" look. I kindly explained I had been here a while, worked for EDS for 7 years and we actually talk quite often in the washroom. I even had to mention that I knew the Parisian hair products that she uses (of which I'm envious of). She just looked at me in wonder. I went on to explain that I had longer browner hair before but she honestly, even after all of this, did not recognize me one bit.
So after this strange occurrence, I started pondering about my existence as a cameleon. I mean, I do change my hair quite often from brown to blonde, straight to curly, long to short but don't I still have the same little face I always do and isn't it that which counts in recognition? I heard once that Aryans recognize each other by the eyes and Asian people recognize each other by other facial parts. But does hair really play that big a role? If I shaved my head, would people confuse me with Trent on my floor? Hmmm, I wonder.
Photo courtesy of Frederic Sarnette via http://www.madagascar-voyages.com/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home