Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You Know You're Getting Old When...

Today was the first day that I actually cut up a banana and put it in my cereal. At which point I realized that way back when (when = when I was young), I said, rather adamantly, that I would never put fruit with my cereal. I believe the term that I used to describe that was grossssssssss.

Well, looky looky at who's putting bananas on their cereal! Just like my dad always said...there would come a day when I would do the same. He had been through the same situation when he was younger with his dad.

Of course I did this at work where I instantly realized the implication that I was suddenly, officially old. In my meeting, I looked up horrified and blurted out that I was OLD and went on to explain why. My co worker just laughed and laughed and said, "but it's good, isn't it?!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Slant said...

it totally doesn't count when you're putting fruit on POBWOBS instead of cereal.

1:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home