Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Today has never happened...so live it

I heard this awesome lyric while cruising around downtown with my bestfriend (aka Mr. iPod). "Today has never happened" (Bjork, "Alarm Call"). I added my own two cents to the title above. I love it when little things like that can strike you in such a way that it changes your whole perspective and often turns you philosophical.

I've been out on my balcony all evening with my laptop doing homework, surfing and msning. It's kinda a neat experience to be sitting on top of the world (ok, ok, the 11th floor) computing with the world below...*insert pompous laugh here*. It's now turned to dusk and I guess I'll head inside with the mosquitoes that claim they need a place to stay for the night. They claim they have no ulterior motives but I have my doubts.
Here's my view right now...it's getting a bit dark now but you get the feeling.

I've been having these crazy dreams lately. Not sure what to blame it on really. Anyways, a couple people have suggested that I write an article for the FFWD here in town. I have actually had this on my personal "To Do" list for quite a while but I just can't figure out a topic that I'm passionate to write at length about (you are paid by the word after all...). So in my dream I was lying on a bed thinking when all of a sudden it came to me! I had this epiphany about Bert and Sesame Street and this would be my article topic (honest to goodness, I'm not lying to you...)! Anyways I remembered this dream later the next afternoon. There was just one problem...I've forgotten what exactly the epiphany was! So there I was, sitting at my desk staring at my computer trying to figure out if I really had an epiphany about Sesame Street in my dream or if the dream contained no other details other than the feeling (a faux epiphany so to speak)...are you following? Good. So, I'm sitting there, thinking so hard about Sesame Street while I should be doing critical hires or something corporately retarded like that when I start to remember that the producers had killed off Bert a couple years ago in order to teach the kids about death. I swear to god this is true! I have yet to find anyone (in real life) that can confirm this fact though. So then I start to remember all the jokes about Bert & Ernie being gay and I do some searching on the internet to see if I can find out anything about the show recently. Well, I mean who can tell with the internet but all of a sudden I start to put 2 and 2 together and formulate that perhaps my epiphany had to do with either:

A. Bert was killed off several years ago in order to teach the kids about death...ONLY to have the show bring him back several years later...the epiphany being something like, 'what the hell are we teaching these kids anyways? We kill a puppet and then bring him back several years later? What is this Super Mario?'
B. The real reason why they killed off Bert didn't have to do with teaching the kids about death after all but rather was a corporate attempt to ease all the angry parents and keep the ratings up after the kerfuffle about Bert & Ernie being gay **gasp! situations like that don't happen in our society!? how dare you infiltrate our kids with gay tendencies!!!**

So, still at my desk and nearly slipping off my ergonomic ball in excitement, I start calling and messaging people at work that I think might know the answer, or at least some idea. Well, this one lady at work asked if this was another one of my jokes. I had to sadly admit that it wasn't and suggested that perhaps my life is a joke???

And for the record, I am still looking for an answer as to whether or not Bert is back in Sesame street and anything about the sexual orientation of a certain two puppets.

Anyways, I must be going. I had other exciting and more relevant news to share but as usual I have a tonne to do before the unknown starts all over again tomorrow when I wake up...

perhaps there will be more dream broadcasts?

Plus, it's getting too dark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home