Monday, June 27, 2005

Balancing Act

You know what's hard?

Doing your dishes while on a balance board. Now that's hard! Let me tell you, it's like doing dishes on a tightrope while in an earthquake...well it is for me and my flabby abs. Some dishes are easier than others. For instance, glasses are easier than bowls. It's something about the swirling around of a bowl that makes your feet want to swirl around with it. What does this all mean? Well, until I get better, some dishes will be cleaner than others I suppose. And one day...when I get really good...I'm going to put my morning make up on while balancing on it. I'll send you the picture...I'm sure I'll look great...3rd Ave style.

You know what else is hard...trying to find balance in your career between being happy/enjoying your job and making enough money to live. Or at least that's what I'm finding. Just trying to find that particular job that makes you enjoy working is hard enough. And then you have to fight with those little voices that tell you to suck it up and just keep making money in the job that you fell into and take vacations to make you happy. It's just that I don't want to live my life waiting for vacation times which are few and far between...let alone expensive. God. Well, whatever, knowing me, I'll keep fighting for what I want. Who knows where it will get me in the end. It's just that I have always dreamed that the perfect job for me would be prestigious but I'm struggling to find a job like that. I'm even thinking that maybe the job I'm going after now isn't going to satisfy me because it's not at all high profile (neither is the pay!). But I'm trying to remind myself of the big picture. The big "Dawne" plan I had all mapped out in my brain. Stepping stones, right? Right. Right?

Speaking of off-kilter. Our weather here has gone off its happy pills. I heard tonight that Calgary has never had this many days of consecutive rain...ever. I've attached a picture that I took on our one sunny day in June.

...Today anyway, I'm convinced that life is just a balancing act and when we die, we're actually just falling off the beam to the floor. Who knows what happens then, maybe we just get swept away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home