Friday, August 24, 2007

This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass

Except that I'm the stranger. And I'm telling you it sucks. I'm not quite over it as you can tell even though the rest of my day was pretty good.

It was a relatively typical morning. Hit the snooze button far too many times. Got up and tried to accomplish getting ready while completing all the things I was too lazy to do the night before after watching a sappy, SAPPY movie. Was running late for a 9am meeting but there was still hope that I might make it before people started asking for me. Headed out the door with my head swirling with thoughts about my day's schedule; the ACAD portfolio meeting I had, my meeting with my new team, deadlines, and oh god that ACAD meeting! It kept dominating my thoughts and making me all jittery.

I head into the parkade and notice a guy on a cell phone walking around. A little strange but if I ignore it, all should be ok. Ignoring is always plan A and usually does the trick, or so I hope. Head towards my car when I notice broken glass on the ground. It doesn't quite hit me yet, I'm just more concerned about running over the glass. Then I realize that the glass is right next to my car and that there are not any other cars assigned parking spots around me...I look at my window...right, the glass is from my car Stupid. Fuck. What? God.

Then there's a voice, "That's your car, isn't it?" I look up and the guy on the cell phone is walking towards me. Then I realize (yes very slow first thing in the morning and caffeineless) that it is my friend Chris who also lives in my building. That was somewhat comforting seeing as I was feeling extremely violated, fearful, and angry all at once. Turns out 5 cars in the parkade were smashed into the night before (including his) by some crazy crackhead (somewhat of an assumption there but I'm sure I'm not far off). I guess the 75 year-old security guard was doing his rounds at 3am when he heard a smash. He went to investigate and was threatened by this crazy guy with a hammer/ice pick, the security guard had no choice but to leave. That's all I got of the story other than they have him on camera.

I was so frustrated and flustered. So much for making it to work on time. And now how am I to get to work and more importantly, to my ACAD meeting at noon. I didn't know what to do. No coffee, no think. I went to the office and got some police report forms but got nothing out of the office manager other than she was glad that this was her last day and she was out of this god-forsaken city. Thank you lady, that helps. I went back down to my car, kind of hoping that once again if I ignored it, everything would be ok. Nope, doesn't always work. I take some pictures with Chris' sweet camera and leave. Call my dear ol' dad. Not sure why (you'll understand if you know him). He blames me. It's my fault. He's got to go. Call work. I'm going to be late by the way.

Ok, so now what. Fine, I will ride my bike. I stuff my precious portfolio into my Astroboy bag hoping that nothing gets ripped or bent but know that this is unlikely and that this is going to be a spectacular day.

I'll try to get to the good parts of my day soon, I swear.

The ride was actually nice and I eventually get to work after taking my time. People buzz around me asking questions. I hold my answers for ransom until they give me my coffee and bagel. I then call my brother in hopes that maybe, just maybe he will do something for me for a change. Wrong. Fine. Call dear ol' dad who is still insisting that this is all my fault. Fine, whatever, next time I will....I dunno but I will be sure to do it?! Anyways, he agrees to take me to my meeting at noon which is not that far away at this point. Oh yes, I am such a pain Dad. For the record, my family does not believe in being there in other family member's time of need. That's for the movies or something.

Anyways, I guess I'm just so ticked because the guy was obviously a total idiot. He was smashing into cars for small change but smashed into all the wrong cars. He didn't choose the types of cars that are owned by richer people who might actually keep change in their car, instead he chose cars that were obviously only driven because the owner could not afford anything else and he even broke into a car that hadn't been moved in over 2 years. COME ON, like there would be anything of value in that car. Fucking get a brain cell. And, it ticks me off that the building manager didn't even have the courtesy to slip notes under the doors of those that were affected to let them know what had happened. One of the other owners didn't find out until 3pm when he was heading out to go somewhere. God knows when the guy who hasn't touched his car in 2 years will find out.

I still haven't dealt with my car yet other than to go down and make sure that there was in fact nothing of value left in the car seeing as it's wide open for the taking should a different crack addict with a little more know-how do some shopping tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will attempt to clean up all the glass. And trust me, there is lots of it, everywhere. I dread that part. I really wish I could just ignore it. Really.



So because of this fiasco I have missed my favourite thing tonight; the GlobalFest fireworks which I had bought tickets for. Fine, I'm over it, I'll just go to all of them next year.

The good things. Right. What a sweet and sour day I tell you. My ACAD meeting went well, I'm in and maybe even one of the more advanced people in the class. The interviewer even made me feel really good about myself. He was so impressed by the fact that I had gone so far all on my own and he's right. I'm so glad I went after what I wanted. It felt really nice for someone else to notice because I had kind of forgotten.

Mmmmm, I also won every game of foosball today but I'm pretty sure that it was my right to do so after my morning incident.

And, an old college friend of mine noticed that I was into pottery and offered me a free kiln. HELLO. Yes I will have a free kiln. That is so awesome, it almost makes up for my car incident. Almost, except I'm still a bitter, mad, person about it all.

Um, so I appear to have quite freely vented here on my blog which I haven't written on in almost a year. I will try to change that. This has actually felt quite good. There are a couple of funny yet unfortunate stories that I had written about in the last year but never posted. Perhaps they will see the electronic light. I hope I haven't sounded too bitter but I know I have. Surely my feelings of discouragement will dissipate if I ignore them. Plan A usually works on them anyways. Love Plan A. I just wish it worked ALL the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home