So you're feeling neglected...
It's only been forever since my last post but it seems like I've been in the fast lane for an eternity. Sure, sure, it's only been 6-8 weeks but still.
What can I say except, you know that old saying, "The grass always looks greener on the other side"? Well I found out that the grass is actually greener on the other side! I have been at my new job for just over 6 weeks now and today I woke up happy that I was going to work. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?! Seriously! So yeah, things are going well. It was a stressful decision but I made the right one and now it feels like my life is on track. If I could just get the maid to show up, everything would be golden!
De and I went to see Wilco a couple weeks ago. That was a great show that I had to see. We ran into lots of people we knew there. I guess that means we know lots of cool people. Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer totally made the show! He was so entertaining, witty, and intelligent. I was so impressed by his knowledge of Alberta and Canada and the fact that he could make jokes about current events that affected us directly. He even attempted the hummingbird dance with his two broken legs even though his wife had strictly told him not to! Hilarious.
Of course last week was stampede. Yet another crazy week there. Pictures of the gong show have been posted. I can't remember who I sent the link to, so let me know if you need it. Come to think of it, I don't remember much from that week?!
This week I was freelancing and made some extra cold hard cash to go towards the "I need to buy a new shitbox car" fund.
There's been a few other exciting things happening but it will have to wait as I'm off to drop off photos for another exhibit!!
What can I say except, you know that old saying, "The grass always looks greener on the other side"? Well I found out that the grass is actually greener on the other side! I have been at my new job for just over 6 weeks now and today I woke up happy that I was going to work. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?! Seriously! So yeah, things are going well. It was a stressful decision but I made the right one and now it feels like my life is on track. If I could just get the maid to show up, everything would be golden!
De and I went to see Wilco a couple weeks ago. That was a great show that I had to see. We ran into lots of people we knew there. I guess that means we know lots of cool people. Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer totally made the show! He was so entertaining, witty, and intelligent. I was so impressed by his knowledge of Alberta and Canada and the fact that he could make jokes about current events that affected us directly. He even attempted the hummingbird dance with his two broken legs even though his wife had strictly told him not to! Hilarious.
Of course last week was stampede. Yet another crazy week there. Pictures of the gong show have been posted. I can't remember who I sent the link to, so let me know if you need it. Come to think of it, I don't remember much from that week?!
This week I was freelancing and made some extra cold hard cash to go towards the "I need to buy a new shitbox car" fund.
There's been a few other exciting things happening but it will have to wait as I'm off to drop off photos for another exhibit!!
And, I will leave you of this especially nice shot of Brent, Stampede style.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home