Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crack, Crack, Crack!!

So yesterday turned out to be a street art day. I'm not sure if I was having a particularly observant day or what but on every walk I went on yesterday I ran across some form of urban art. I managed to take photos of two out of maybe the four that I ran across. The "heads" were on my walk into work first thing in the morning and the "crack, crack" was on my final walk home in the evening which seemed suitable at the time.

But they got me to thinking...maybe it is better to showcase your art on the city canvas rather than in a gallery. I mean, it's right there for everyone to see and experience. Granted, one would have to be aware of their surroundings to take notice of it and also the art form would have to grab the interest of the person in order to leave a lasting impression, but either way it is out there and potentially viewed and appreciated by so many more people than that of a traditional art display.

I really enjoyed my "Street Art" day and I hope to notice more pieces, see new additions and perhaps add a couple of my own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home