You're not Clark Kent

This is going back a couple weeks now but I laughed at myself again the other day because of it.
I usually only wear my glasses to work and so most of my friends or acquaintances that see me on the weekends or evenings only see me with my contacts. I have this thing you see thanks to the almighty photograph that I look way better and totally different with my contacts. Essentially they turn me into my more beautiful alter ego.
This one particular Saturday afternoon I was extremely hung over and had made plans to hang out with my friend Claire. Well I couldn't be bothered with my contacts and my hair although at the time I thought was fabulous but stinky was probably realistically not all that fabulous. I walked down 5th Street to Claire's place and as I was walking up to 17th Ave who should I see coming towards me but Bob. Perhaps you readers do not know the story behind Bob but that's alright, the gist of it is that Bob has always seen me looking my best and usually quite drunk. Well I was horrified! I was already dawdling but I nearly came to a complete stop! I wanted to hide! Then I actually thought to myself, "Well it's ok, he probably won't recognize me because I have my glasses on". I really honestly thought that there was no way I even looked the same with them on. I was Clark Kent Dawne that day and he only knew SuperDawne! Oh but Alas! He looked my way as we were crossing paths and instantly recognized me, much to my horror! We stopped and chatted for a bit about nothing in particular. The whole time I was dying inside because I figured this would probably by our last little talk as no one is ever interested in Clark. Anyways I carried on my way to Claire's and naturally FREAKED OUT when I got there. She laughed her head off at me and said, "Dawne, You're not Clark Kent"! At which point I realized that she was totally right! I'm not Clark Kent, which is really sad, especially when we ran into Bob AGAIN half an hour later on 17th and again I just wished he wouldn't recognize me! Anyways, that's my story and I guess it's pretty funny to see how the desperate mind thinks!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home