I Hate How There's Never A Sign For Wrong Turns

So it's conference time at work again (Oh yes, look at those smiles from last year), hence the recent bad mood.
Each year my GFS (Global Field Services) Managers from across Canada come to Calgary for a week of day long meetings.
Yesterday was the first day which almost always consists of Manager/Account Updates. We have 12 managers and 30 accounts so that took all day.
I've been lucky enough to duck out for a bit this morning as they are talking about WBS elements that staff have to track their time against in TTPA (I swear to god, isn't that like a direct quote from "Office Space"?). And as much as I have a million and one things to do, I could really use the vent session. So here I am writing on my neglected blog.
It's weeks like this when I really start to wonder where I took the wrong turn to end up in a position like this. It's no one else's fault but my own and I'm the only one that can get me out of it, but it's just been a slow process for many reasons, not all within my control.
Last night after Day One From Hell (I hope I didn't put that on the agenda?!), I had arranged for us to head off to Melrose Cafe and Bar for dinner, drinks and the hockey game. It was fine, I was tired and less than excited to be there so after my boss decided to dump on me I left as early as I could which turned out to be 9 pm.
What really kills me are things like the following:
- Fighting over the booking of conference rooms at age 28 with a degree behind me.
- Being chastised for not cleaning up the conference room before I left at 6pm (apparently I am also cleaning staff).
- Being paid SQUAT to do a job where you do everyone else's work only to get no credit and treated somewhat similar to a caged animal in China.
None of the above are things that I had in my life plan.
Anyways, now it is 11:43pm and I have just gotten home from Hell on Wheels, The Sequel (aka Day 2 of the Conference) but with actually some potential good news. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high because as of late most windows of hope have been brutally slammed shut, blocked off and lit on fire. Of course I will have to keep you hanging bloggie buddy as I still have yet to shower and do my hair and my eyelids are officially on strike.
But at least you got a pic!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home