Monday, January 23, 2006

Yesterday was Red, Today is Blue

Well I didn't get much accomplished yesterday other than wait in several doctors offices, have some dohunk of a doctor press on my fractured foot, finally have it xrayed 2 months after the "bottle" incident, vote and finish my Novillero article.

Anyways, I was very grumpy yesterday with the general incompetence of doctors and doctor's offices plus the fact that my newest doctor came in looking 12 months pregnant! But whatever, I'm over it. I think I'll just stick to clinics and hopsitals when absolutely necessary.

So the big election was yesterday here in Canada. I didn't follow too closely. I knew each of the parties platforms and leaders and had decided a long time ago. I actually ran across this great blog entry yesterday written by a religious person. Usually I don't agree at all with political views from religious people but this guy had some good things to say. It was called HWJV (How would Jesus Vote) and can be found here.

The most disturbing thing for me though was the fact that I had to vote in a church. The whole thing seemed wrong and medieval. And actually at this point I suppose you could even say it was a sort of omen of what was to come. In my opinion Stephen Harper mingles church and state a bit too much for this day in age but what do I know, I'm just a voter. I guess only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home