Ahh, Christmas, the time where all the social issues are covered up within children's stories
I was just reading my cousin, Sarah's blog where I found the most hilarious thing. In her blurb titled, "Nobody Likes A Skinny Santa", she links to a website that asks 16 questions about the 1964 stop motion animation Christmas special, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".
Every Christmas season when I was little, I could hardly wait to watch all the Christmas specials. Especially "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". Even now at 27, I still like to try and catch the show to add that little touch of magic to this now very commercial time of year. However, watching old shows like this one with an adult millennium mind raises just a few questions about the movie, its intent, and about the era in general in which they were made.
This website is a hilarious version of all those questions that now pop into your head with equally hilarious and insightful answers! I was laughing so hard and they are all sooo funny but one of my favourites is #6 which graciously explains the ins and outs of puppet politics!
6.) IS HERMY GAY?

Yes. Forty years ago you couldn't talk about homosexuality among puppets on TV, so they used the word 'dentist' instead of 'fag'.
Check the rest of them out here.
Every Christmas season when I was little, I could hardly wait to watch all the Christmas specials. Especially "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". Even now at 27, I still like to try and catch the show to add that little touch of magic to this now very commercial time of year. However, watching old shows like this one with an adult millennium mind raises just a few questions about the movie, its intent, and about the era in general in which they were made.
This website is a hilarious version of all those questions that now pop into your head with equally hilarious and insightful answers! I was laughing so hard and they are all sooo funny but one of my favourites is #6 which graciously explains the ins and outs of puppet politics!
6.) IS HERMY GAY?

Yes. Forty years ago you couldn't talk about homosexuality among puppets on TV, so they used the word 'dentist' instead of 'fag'.
Check the rest of them out here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home