Tuesday, October 11, 2005

And Another One Bites The Dust

The whole thing is just so disturbing. I'm not quite over the sound and the shock yet.

I was just walking to work, late as usual, listening to Fiona Apple (quite loud too in order to block out the traffic). I was standing at the light just across the street from my building and right as the light turned, "SMACK" something hard hit the ground. It sounded almost like a rock but not quite that hard. I look over to see a bird flying down to an object and realize that IT WAS A BIRD! He must have hit a window while flying with his friend and just rocketed to the ground. But it was so loud! They must have been flying pretty high. It was so sad. The poor bird just lying there like a stone, the other bird hovering to see if he was ok and then all the traffic barreling at them so the alive one had to fly off. It was so sad.

And it made me mad too. WHAT THE HELL is going on with all these dead birds! And now whoever is playing these dirty tricks on me is upping the ante so that I have to witness it now. Great. Just swell. Oh it was so sad. Especially since he was with another bird that probably had no clue what was going on.

OMG and I just realized that just before it happened I was noticing that they were going to redo the sidewalk and that I was daydreaming about writing in the fresh cement, "I saw a dead hummingbird here" because that's where I saw my first dead bird. I need to stop thinking stuff. This might be all my fault! I might be a bird killer!

Here is a picture in honor of my little friend today.


So, I wonder if today is going to suck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home