Just Jenny and Me
Sitting here typing and listening to the new Fiona Apple which is pretty much a perfect album to follow "Tidal". Jenny is beside me lying upside down snoozing. I don't think things could be better. We've been through a lot and it makes me sad that she can't stay with me these last few years (she'll be 15 or 16 in December). We've stayed in tiny shit-box apartments together. We've lived with crappy boyfriends. We've struggled through diabetes and many needles together. Xrays and purring problems but most importantly, slept many a night cuddled up.So, I'm all turkeyed out thanks to dad having his surprise turkey dinner last weekend, Charles' turkey dinner Saturday and the Sobry Family dinner last night. I suppose one year soon I'll have to have my first Thanksgiving turkey dinner. The way I've been so klutzy lately it makes me kind of nervous!
Lots of exciting things have been going on.
- I volunteered to be the Communications Lead as part of the EDS 2005 United Way Committee. It's terribly frustrating which I did not expect but a great experience.
- Thanks to a push from Tim I am now going to contribute to a local music paper with some articles, maybe some photography and possible some layout. I'm pretty excited about it.
- I've started to learn how to silk screen. That cost me an arm and a leg and now I don't seem to have time. I get to go to a real print shop though and see how they do it on a larger scale which will be cool.
- I applied for yet another job on Friday. Cross your fingers. The good news is that I've applied and interviewed for quite a few this year that I think my resume is prett much where it should be. Maybe a bit long but I'll try to cut it down.
Uh oh! Old cranky man is home. Must go hide with the cat. Then we'll come out and bug him for food.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home