Theme for the day
Ever notice how some days seem to have a theme?
For instance, the other day, Monday I think, seemed to be all about simplifying and enjoying life.
First, after a conversation with Tim about his plans for life, I started thinking about changing directions all together (career wise). In order to try and simplify my life so that I could enjoy it more.
Then I happened across an old re-run of the TV show "Ed" and it was all about Henry David Thoreau and his plea to humanity to give up materialism and simplify life. That if you live to acquire "things" you will constantly be in a struggle to obtain more things and then the next thing you know, you're in a vicious circle of struggle.
I can't remember the exact quotes they gave in the show, but I found a couple that sort of illustrate the gist of it.
him about a book called "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. He explained what it was about how people feel like they struggle and struggle to get where they are going forever. But if you are persistent there comes a tipping point which helps everything fall into place. It doesn't quite fit into the simplify and enjoy life but there was something said that seemed to tie it all in together. If you stick to your dreams, eventually everything will fall into place. And when all the pieces fall into place I think your life simplifies into one piece that you can sit back and enjoy.
Does that make any sense at all? Well it sure did at the time. Perhaps you had to be there.
For instance, the other day, Monday I think, seemed to be all about simplifying and enjoying life.
First, after a conversation with Tim about his plans for life, I started thinking about changing directions all together (career wise). In order to try and simplify my life so that I could enjoy it more.
Then I happened across an old re-run of the TV show "Ed" and it was all about Henry David Thoreau and his plea to humanity to give up materialism and simplify life. That if you live to acquire "things" you will constantly be in a struggle to obtain more things and then the next thing you know, you're in a vicious circle of struggle.
I can't remember the exact quotes they gave in the show, but I found a couple that sort of illustrate the gist of it.
After the show I went for a walk with Tim and he mentioned that a friend of his was telling"As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness."
"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
him about a book called "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. He explained what it was about how people feel like they struggle and struggle to get where they are going forever. But if you are persistent there comes a tipping point which helps everything fall into place. It doesn't quite fit into the simplify and enjoy life but there was something said that seemed to tie it all in together. If you stick to your dreams, eventually everything will fall into place. And when all the pieces fall into place I think your life simplifies into one piece that you can sit back and enjoy.Does that make any sense at all? Well it sure did at the time. Perhaps you had to be there.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home