Ha! I Knew Sweets Were Good For You!

To all those non-believers who thought I was joking when I said that sugar, donuts, ice cream, etc. was good for you, eat your heart out! While I was researching my latest article on tea, I ran across a new scientific study shows that sugar helps us handle stress better! I'll be sure to be snacking on all those xmas goodies this year in order to cope this season.
Now, if only I could find something that aids inefficiency?! Ever since those insanely hectic 6 weeks of United Way Volunteering, I have been a teensy bit lazy and a tad bit inefficient and unproductive...both at work and at home (and that's putting it nicely seeing as I like who I am criticizing). Let's take today for instance. What exactly have I accomplished today? Hmmm. Woke up from my favourite bed in Millarville and shared my breakfast with 3 dogs who were very understanding of my aversion to bread crust (and more than willing to help me out in that area). I suppose you could call my morning yerba mate latte some accomplished research for my article which is due today (or was it due yesterday?!). Throw in a couple hours of web surfing on tea related topics which is kind of productive. I guess I could count my walk home for lunch part completion of my exercise goal. Technically, I did show up for my 2pm meeting even though it had to be cancelled...a valiant effort on my part don't you think? I managed to send a couple emails and make a phone call, however, does it count as productivity if nothing was accomplished? Some further surfing and now blog writing along with a one track mind about leaving early surely will help me cross off all those items sitting in my Outlook task list, right?! Seriously, why can't things just take care of themselves?
I think I'll just have dessert for supper and relax. Tomorrow, I swear I'll be productive (huh, déjà vu...).
Oh, saved by the bell...just got my call from Dad...must go home with him and Sandy now to pick up my car.
Tomorrow, I swear!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home